Flutters

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Will we have an Easter baby?

Lisa had a final visit with the OB today. From this point forward, she'll be under the care of her midwife. But how much longer will that be? The OB found that Lisa is 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced; he says he would be surprised if she makes it to Monday (today is Thursday). Lisa has been teasing my mother, a very old-fashioned 78 year-old woman, that she will give birth at her house on Sunday during Easter dinner; it makes my mother almost faint!! Wouldn't it be hilarious if she went into labor at her house??? Ok, maybe not so much, as I would be the one who had to birth Olivia...because my family would scatter like bugs!! LOL

On another note, I was at the doctor AGAIN today and missed yet ANOTHER day of work, which canceled out the day of overtime I worked on Tuesday. I have a bad sinus infection and my doctor thinks also strep, even though the test was negative. (He says the test gives a lot of false negatives, especially if you've only had symptoms a day or two.) Anywho, he's also checking my white blood count, as he is concerned about my constant illness this winter and my fatigue. He said he would call me by the end of the day if the test results were not on target, and I haven't heard from him. So I guess that's good??

In an effort to combat the fatigue, I tried to take a nap. That didn't work. I keep thinking about all the Quantitative Reasoning work I have left to do that was due last week (my professor gave me an extension, but that's already passed, too), and about the birthday presents I have to wrap for Katie, and the birthday cards for Katie and Karen I need to make, and the Easter cards I never made, and the work I'll have to miss next week if Olivia is born this weekend, etc, etc, etc.... My brain never stops churning. So I guess I'll stop blogging and go do some of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment