Flutters

Saturday, March 20, 2010

A nice relaxing day

I spent the day with Bryan today, just relaxing, enjoying each other's company. It's been two months since we got to spend our usual every-other Saturday together. We've both been sick at one time or another...one of us one weekend, then the other, and one time it was both of us.

I am up at 0400h on the days I go to work, 0600h on the days I don't, so I never really get a day that I "sleep in". Bryan came in at 0700h this morning and snuggled up with me and let me sleep until 0900h...that was nice. I got up and cooked breakfast. After we ate, we went on a long walk together, enjoying the sunshine and warm weather. We are both on a mission to lose weight, so we walked approximately 2 miles, most of it up a long hill. It was exhilarating and relaxing all at once. Afterwards, we came home and fell asleep while watching the NCIS marathon. That two-hour nap was just what we needed. I cooked dinner for us later on...pork chops, roasted potatoes, and baked beans. It was GOOD!!

Bryan has gone home now. We both are very tired. With both of us being in college, working, and trying to keep up with everything else, we stay tired. I'll be glad when we both graduate. I have decided to take the summer semester off, and he is contemplating doing so also. We need a break. Plus, my daughter and my grandchildren are going to need me a bit this summer with the new baby coming, so I thought it was best to not try to take any classes this summer.

I'm glad that I got to spend the day with my betrothed today. It was a very good day, one we both needed. And yes, I left some of the details out!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment